Wedding Planning Time Lines
In a perfect scenerio, you would want to have at least a year to plan out your wedding but that’s not always the case. The planning framework for this guide assumes you have a 12 month wedding timeline but adjust the time line to suite your time frame.
12 Months Prior To Your Wedding Day:
· Announce your wedding date
· Work out approximately how much it will cost.
· Check out Wedding Organizers if your budget allows.
· Assemble your guest list (Will they all go to the wedding ceremony and the receptions?)
· Think about ideas and themes for your wedding
· Reserve your Ceremony location
· Select your Master of Ceremonies
· Book your Reception
· Book a Photographer and/or Videographer
· Book Caterer
· Book Florist
· Book Music (Band, DJ, etc.)
– Choose your Wedding Song
· Select and call the bridesmaids and grooms men
· Shop for a Wedding gown, bridesmaid dresses and Tux’s allowing time for alterations and fittings
· Choose one or more stores for your Bridal Registry
· Pick your Honeymoon Location.
· Apply or update your passports, if you are going out of the country for your ceremony and or Honeymoon
6 Months Prior To Your Wedding Day:
· Finalize the details of Wedding Ceremony and Reception
· Order/make invitations and thank you notes
· Make book and finalize your Honeymoon plans
· Book a caterer
· Choose a florest
· Order the Wedding Cake
· Finalize arrangements for transportation (ie., Limo) for the wedding day
3 To 4 Months Prior To Your Wedding Day::
· Deliver invitations
· Confirm wedding details and contracts
· Choose gifts for your Wedding party members
· Set a date for the rehearsal dinner (a day or two before the Wedding)
· Final alterations for the Wedding Gown, bridesmaid’s dresses and Tux’s
· Make an appointment with a Beauty Salon for day of wedding
1 Month Prior To Your Wedding Day:
- Confirm who will be doing readings at the ceremony and/or supply them with a suggested reading
· Obtain the marriage license
· Purchase your wedding bands
· Go over the list of music with the band or DJ (and no-play list)
· Shop for and make insurance arrangements
1 To 2 Weeks Prior To Your Wedding Day:
· Confirm the rehearsal arrangements
· Place wedding announcement in the newspapers (optional)
· Arrangements for name & address change, if any.
· Finalize details of the reception venue and the Caterer
· Pack your bags for the honeymoon
· Go over the final details of the ceremony and reception with family,bridal party and the people with whom you delegated wedding plan tasks
A Day Or Two Prior To Your Wedding Day:
· Get a relaxing manicure and pedicure (and if you can swing it, a massage!)
· Go to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
· Supply the ushers with the final guest list and seating plan.
On the BIG DAY you should have everything in order if you have followed your plan. Relax as you get your updo and make up done. Put on your wedding dress. When you get ready to go to the church make sure you take some touch up make up assessories in your clutch and also bring along a change of clothes for your honeymoon when you leave the reception.
This really is your day, enjoy. You’ve planned it all out to the last detail and it will run smooth as silk.