Wedding Jewellery – Part 1
Your wedding day is the single most important day of your whole life, especially if you are the bride. Months and months and often years and years are spent planning for the perfect day. Each and every detail is meticulously chosen and one of the biggest details when it comes to the bride’s outfit is the Wedding Jewellery. The right Wedding Jewellery will complement the wedding dress perfectly and will complete the bride’s outfit. Here are our top tips when it comes to choosing your Wedding Jewellery.
1. Don’t start to think about your Wedding Jewellery until you have chosen your dress. Your gown will influence the style of your accessories and you don’t want to spend money on something that doesn’t match.
2. Use wedding magazines and wedding websites for inspiration for your Wedding Jewellery and to get an indication of the range of styles, trends and the latest prices.
3. Set a Wedding Jewellery budget but allow a 10% leeway just in case you see the perfect pieces, which might be a little over budget.
4. Leave yourself plenty of time to find your Wedding Jewellery. We would recommend at least a month of searching if you timescale permits. Finding the right sparkles to finish your wedding look can often take a lot longer than expected.
5. Bespoke or ready to wear Wedding Jewellery? Having a bespoke creation is a wonderful experience but might cost more than buying a ready made set and it will invariably take longer for you to get your jewellery.
6. Colour? Don’t think that you have to choose Wedding Jewellery, which matches the exact colour of your dress. This is often impossible anyway given the many different shades of white, ivory, champagne and other coloured dresses available today. If you are going for pearls, then ivory freshwater pearls will go with both white and ivory dresses perfectly. They will also look fabulous and contrast wonderfully with other coloured dresses as well.
7. If you can’t decide between several different sets of Wedding jewellery, or you are worried about whether a particular set will go with your dress, see if it is possible to take all of the jewellery along to a dress fitting so that you can try each piece on with your dress before you make a final decision.
8. Decide how you will be wearing your updo and if you will be wearing a veil or not. This will help you to decide whether or not you are going to need a tiara or other bridal updo accessories as many Wedding Jewellery retailers stock tiaras and updo accessories to match their Wedding Jewellery or can make them to match for you.
9. Don’t forget your bridemaids’ jewellery Give them their jewellery as a thank you gift on the morning of the wedding. It will allow for some special moments between you all and it also means that you don’t have to buy both their jewellery and a thank you gift.
10. After your wedding day, make sure that your Wedding Jewellery is clean and in tact before wrapping it carefully and storing it away somewhere safe. It is best to keep pearls and sterling silver jewellery wrapped in a soft cloth or jewellery pouch placed inside an airtight plastic bag. This will prevent it tarnishing.